Last weekend, the French nationals concluded in La Baule, France. The championships was hosted by Le Cercle Nautique La Baule Le Pouligen Pornichet (CNBPP). Open Division II and RCB raced together on the same track and the scratch race was won hands down by Alain Cadre FRA-1134, followed by Jonas Davidson SWE-78, both on open division II prototypes, in front of the first raceboarder, Benjamin Longy FRA-21. Congrats to both Alain and Jonas for showing that DIV II boards still have it!
Here are the results for the open DIV II sailors and a few pictures.
Congratulations to all the sailors who participated!
Pictures are from the CNBPP
The WE 15-17/07/2016 took place in Ormos Panagias Halkidiki Greece Diaporos regatta, the 3rth official ID2CA event of the year.
The event was a multi class regatta where div 2, Catamaran, Laser and Topaz classes raced in separated starts.
The comity completed 8 races: 6 in form I (windward- leeward) and two Olympic triangles. The weather was the typical summer weather of Halkidiki: sunny, warm with mostly light winds (no more of 8-9 knots) and choppy sea.
Although the participation was small the spirit was the “old” good spirit of division 2 races. The final impression to all the participants was very satisfactory and for this reason they asked from the organizing club to repeat an event in September 2016. So we stay waiting for a new unofficial event next September if the conditions will permit, in order to give the possibility to people who could not attend in July to take a taste of this regatta in 2016 and of course our next appointment with the official event in 2017 is valid.
Here are the final results and some pictures of the race:
The D2 European Championships (August horizon) is fast approaching!
111 days remaining!
This IWA sanctioned event is opened to sailors in good standing with ID2CA ( i.e. Class memberships/tagged/approved equipment required).
Registrations have started already.
Do not wait until last minute.
Take your membership (if not done yet) and fill event forms ASAP.
For NoRs, details are here
Event registration is here
More info here
Good luck & happy sailing!
The first Open Div II regatta of the year will be hosted by the Zoo Station nautical club in beautiful Velenje, Slovenia from May 27 to May 29 2016.
VINTAGE WIND SLAM is a three day regatta for open division ll sailors with an ‘open’ regatta on Sunday. The regatta is an official ID2CA event counting for the annual ranking list with the coefficient 1.5 and official Slovenian nationals for open division ll class.
Find all the details in the notice of race.
More information on the venue here
Here is the calendar for the open division II events:
OFFICIAL ID2CA sanctionned events, membership and stickers required
- Vintage Wind Slam, Zoo Station nautical club, Velenje, Slovenia, 27-29 May 2016.
- Regatta ID2CA, Club Vela Blanes, Blanes, Spain, 4-5 June 2016
- Diasporos Regatta, Sithonia Halkidiki, Greece, 15 July 2016
- 2016 Division II European Championships, Crocodiles de l’Elorn, Brest, France, 22-27 August 2016
- Division II Oceanic Championships, Royal QLD Yacht Squadron, Brisbane, Australia, 20-25 November 2016
NON-OFFICIAL events, membership & stickers not required, but separate Open Div II ranking
- La Ganguise, Belflou, France, 11-12 June 2016
- GBR-RDV National Div II and UKWA inland 2, Datchet Water Sailing Club, UK, 18 June 2016
- ODSC – Div II and old school race, Aalsmeer, Holland, 3 July 2016
- Route du Ch’ti, old school windsurfing and div II class festival, Armentières, France, 17-18 September 2016
- CMWA Championships, Centre nautique de Châteauguay, Québec, 29 July-1 August 2016
The following regattas will be included in the official ID2CA racing program for the year 2016:
1. “Vintage wind slam” 27-29 Mai 2016 Velenje Slovenia. Hosting club: zoo station Velenje. Ranking list coefficient 1,5
2. “Regatta ID2CA Blanes” 4-5 June 2016 Blanes Spain. Hosting club:Club vela Blanes. Ranking list coefficient 1
3. “Diaporos regatta 2016” 15-17 July 2016 Ormos Panagias Halkidiki Greece. Hosting clubs: Nautical club of Ormos Panagias & Nautical club of Thessaloniki.Ranking list coefficient 1
4. «2016 Division II European Championships» 22-27 August 2016, Brest France. Hosting club: Crocodiles d’Elorn. Ranking list coefficient 2
Other races will potentially to be added in this calendar prior to end of February 2016